Part 2: Intermittent Fasting – rules, training plan and tips
Successfully lose weight and gain muscle at the same time with intermittent fasting!
In this part 2, one of 3 parts, all the rules during the fasting period and during the meal period described. Furthermore, you can find information on the transition phase and info on training during fasting.
1. Intermittent Fasting – The Rules Overview
a) rules and tips during the fasting period
- When intermittent fasting, the fast phase and the eating phase should be done at the same time every day. An example of this is 12 clock noon to 8 clock in the evening is eaten, the rest of the time fasting.
- During fasting, only the following drinks/foods are allowed: Coffee beverages with zero calories for example. Diet Coke, sugar free gum and water. One tablespoon skim milk in the coffee, no negative effects on the result will have.
- Especially at the beginning, it is often difficult to get used to the new eating habits. Therefore, it should be also paid particular attention to the beginning of it, to use the time in the fast phase sense. Go into training or occupy yourself with other things but not with the diet.
b) rules and tips during the meal phase
- In contrast to the traditional diet in bodybuilding, it is the intermittent fasting no matter how many meals you take the food phase to you. You can choose if you break your calorie intake to one, two, five or six meals free. The only important thing all macronutrients are consumed within the food phase.
- If the training phase in the food, the meals should best be planned on training days around training. In the period after exercise, the body is particularly receptive to nutrients. 2-3 hours before exercise, there should be a high-carbohydrate meal to have enough energy for training.
- An training days, the first meal of the day should be the greatest. This is also a good amount of high quality proteins should be included (50-100g proteins).
- The following supplements are recommended. Omega 3 fatty acids, multi-vitamins or vitamin D. If you get up early and until noon, take the first meal that can use 5 am to 10g BCAAs even after getting
2. The transition phase to intermittent fasting
Many people think who fasts for 16 hours, must feel strong hunger at this stage. I can tell you from personal experience that the body gets used after a few days of fasting and thus the feeling of hunger makes hardly noticeable during this time.
In the food but relatively short period of 8 hours, very many calories are then usually fed that hold enough to satisfy. Between 8 and 9 clock at night usually ends my eating phase. After that, I’m so tired that I did not hungry until bedtime. In the morning I’m a great cup of coffee, with which it can withstand up to 12 noon clock loose without food – all used to it!
However, there are also those that can not make friends with intermittent fasting. If you find after 1 to 2 weeks that you so do not get along, then let it rather. Remember, there are certainly other dietary methods that better suit you.
3. How do I optimize the training specifically for the intermittent fasting lifestyle?
In the fitness world, the intermittent fasting for many has become a real lifestyle. There are intermittent fasting communities that try this kind of fasting and eating to optimize. One of those people who lives this lifestyle is Martin Berkhan. He is also the “inventor” of the “Lean Gains” method, which has been presented in the first part.
Martin Berkhan also has specially designed for intermittent fasting lifestyle a training plan, I want to present you here:
Here is trained on three days a week. The training consists of a few sentences, but very heavy weights per set. The basis of the training plan consists of four basic exercises: deadlift, pull-ups, bench press and squats!
- Day 1: Deadlift + pull-ups
- Day 2: Bench press
- Day 3: Squats
As this training schedule looks in detail you can read here …
Who using intermittent fasting for weight loss, in principle, should hard work no more than three days a week. However, it is also easier for indoor or outdoor sports for regeneration of muscles are exercised, such as jogging, cycling or skiing. But do not forget it is the right equipment to injury vermeiden.
And so it goes …
The third and final part of this series, we are projecting a bachelor fat loss diet plan that is divided into 3-4 meals and can be ideally apply for the intermittent fasting!